Spirit (Soft brew; tune your water)
Spirit is designed for applications focusing on Soft Brew & where the incoming water PH is high (> 8.0 @ 25deg C)
Spirit uses BRITA Quell technology to vary the waters PH to between 6.4 & 7.3.
It does this through managing the level of Hydrogen in the water.
By using the BRITA patented 'intelibypass' head, you are able to adjust the level, which alters the PH suiting your task of tuning water to suit the Coffee & or roast levels.
Our experience is, with Hong Kong water, coffee extraction (yield), flavors, are more clear & concise between 6.5 & basic 7.0 PH @ 25 deg C.
Call us, or come visit in to taste your coffee at our showroom!
A complete kit for 1st installation:
- 1 x Brita Intelibypass head assy 0 to 70%
- 1 x mounting bracket for the head assy
- 1 x Quell cartridge assy (C50, C150 or C300)
A complete plumbing kit (for 1st installation):
- 1 x variable pressure limit valve & fittings to connect mains and filter head.
- 1 x 90cm John guest 3/8 blue flex line.
- 2 x John Guest 3/8 screw on head assy connectors
Filter description (inner workings of the filter):
A pre-filter retains coarse particles.
2 Total hardness reduction
Filter medium reduces total hardness of water and clearly reduces limescale and gypsum deposits.
3) Activated carbon filtration
All water runs through an activated carbon filter, reducing taste and aroma impairing substances.
4) Fine filtration
Finally, a fleece retains any remaining fine particles.
Unique IntelliBypass technology allows for a constant by-pass water rate regardless of volumetric flow. For consistently high water quality, in particular with low water throughput rates.
Specifications (different sizes available)
Sizes: C150, C300, C500, C1100
- Capacity (at carbonate hardness of 10°dH, 0% bypass): 1,100-6,000 l
- Maximum operating pressure: 8.6 bar
- Operating position: vertical
See the data sheets for more details.